Soyez constructifs et... courtois ! Par avance merci pour les apinautes qui dialoguent avec vous ou qui simplement vous lisent :-)

chalk brood

• J.Leroy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Apr 2002 00:00 #20738 by J.Leroy
chalk brood was created by J.Leroy
j'ai actuellement quelques ruches atteintes du couvain platré. je vais en changer les reines ( achetées) la semaine prochaine et souhaiterais savoir s'il existe un traitement à appliquer avant ou après introduction des nouvelles reines.
I am going to change queens of hives actually with chalkbrood and would appreciate some info about possible treatments ( against chalkbrood) to be applied before or after changing queens.
many thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• willo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 May 2002 00:00 #20739 by willo
Replied by willo on topic chalk brood
Hi J.Leroy,
Sorry about your problem. If you haven't already, I would elevate the affected hive/s ensuring good air flow underneath and ensure the hive/s are positioned so they're warmed by the sun. The idea is to help the bees keep everything dry. If you've a weak hive then condense the area the bees have to keep clean. Changing queens is an excellent idea.

• frank
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Jun 2002 00:00 #20740 by frank
Replied by frank on topic chalk brood
I would do everything Willo suggested.Ive noticed a big improvement by keeping hives a foot or so off the ground.If the chalkbrood is bad Id change the foundation when I add a new Queen.

• beeman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Aug 2002 00:00 #20741 by beeman
Replied by beeman on topic chalk brood
changeing foundation is first thing to do and as for changeing the queen=? I would think twice try feeding little honey with tea tree oil to them first it will clear up youre chalk brood
Don

• deelusbybeekeeper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Aug 2002 00:00 #20742 by deelusbybeekeeper
Replied by deelusbybeekeeper on topic chalk brood
Leroy:
Don wrote:
changeing foundation is first thing to do and as for changeing the queen=? I would think twice try feeding little honey with tea tree oil to them first it will clear up youre chalk brood
Reply:
We stopped having chalk brood problems after switching to 4.9mm foundation.
Prior to that, like with the various fouls co-mingling, we had it. The usage of 4.9mm foundation now has all our secondary diseases under control, with less then 1-2% infestation per year for our whole outfit, counting all infections combined.
Regards,
Dee A. Lusby

• beeman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Aug 2002 00:00 #20743 by beeman
Replied by beeman on topic chalk brood
thanks Dee glade more people are useing the natrual oils to treat bees.
hope in the near future everyone will catch on it sure help me thru my bees.
I also use little eucalypitus oil at the rate of 12 drops to the pint of honey. then feed 1 teaspoon full about every 2-3 weeks seems to keep out the small hive beetle and repells the wax moths.
anyone else have used for this? love to hear back
Don

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds