ban vita ban apimondia ban ickowicz ban apicoltura laterza ban lega ban thomas apiculture

Soyez constructifs et... courtois ! Par avance merci pour les apinautes qui dialoguent avec vous ou qui simplement vous lisent :-)

bee lining or bee hunting

• frank
  • Autor del tema
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
07 Jul 2002 00:00 #20784 por frank
bee lining or bee hunting Publicado por frank
Before the mites invaded the America's bee hunting or bee lining was a popular activity in the spring and the fall and was a way to get honey and hives of bees.My method is pretty simple and i just use it to locate bees in an area so I can use that area as a mating area.In the fall I take comb honey and cook it over a candle or can of sterno...this is the scent and it will attract bees from a mile or so depending on wind direction.When or if the bees arrive I feed then liquid honey or sugar water so as to get a beeline.I do this in remote areas like a state or national forest.By setting up a beeline in several locations you can trianglate were the hive is to determine if its feral or not.The best time is early spring before a honey flow and in the fall after the honey flow is over.Does anyone else hunt bees and what methods?

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.182 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena