ban vita ban apimondia ban ickowicz ban apicoltura laterza ban lega ban thomas apiculture

Soyez constructifs et... courtois ! Par avance merci pour les apinautes qui dialoguent avec vous ou qui simplement vous lisent :-)

Bees not filling super?

• jspinner
  • Autor del tema
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
16 Jul 2002 00:00 #20792 por jspinner
Bees not filling super? Publicado por jspinner
My bee hive is not filling the super with comb or honey. It's been in place since the end of may. I have two brood boxes, a queen excluder and then the honey super. The two brood boxes are full of honey and brood. I am using plastic wax rite super (plastic with some beeswax sprayed on). The hive is very strong.
Someone suggested taking off the queen excluder to allow the bees better access to the supers. How would I keep the queen in the bottom and not in my super?
Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about what is happening to my hive?

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

• frank
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
16 Jul 2002 00:00 #20793 por frank
Respuesta de frank sobre el tema Bees not filling super?
Im not sure if this will help, but try moving some filled frames and place them inbetween the plastic frames this may draw more bees around the plastic frames above the excluder

• ndirish
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
27 Jul 2002 00:00 #20794 por ndirish
Respuesta de ndirish sobre el tema Bees not filling super?
My hive is very similar to yours, the only difference being a second shallow on the top. I have no queen excluder at all, and for whatever reason, the queen doesn't lay any eggs in the shallows, so there's nothing but honey (and a tiny bit of pollen) in the supers.

• beeman
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
17 Ago 2002 00:00 #20795 por beeman
Respuesta de beeman sobre el tema Bees not filling super?
first thing is to remove your queen excluder=next thing have you had any rain in your area? =how strong is your bees?
Don
beeman

• heartbeat91
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
15 Jul 2003 00:00 #20796 por heartbeat91
Respuesta de heartbeat91 sobre el tema Bees not filling super?
jspinner, plastic is very hard to get the bees to draw out. you must have a heavy flow for them to draw it out. i use the snap in foundation and they seem to draw it out better than the all plastic frame.
be sure to use 10 frames untill they are mostly drawn out or they will make alot of wild comb in between the frames. dont mix wax foundation or drawn comb with the plastic foundation or the bees will draw the wax ones all the way into the plastic ones. i once mixed wax and plastic and every other frame (wax) was about 3" thick and they didnt touch the plastic.
most people dont like the plastic because of this reason, but once they are drawn out they are very nice.
the biggest factor is a strong honey flow.
i dont use a queen excluder because the queen generally wont cross the capped honey that is at the top of the brood nest.
[This message has been edited by heartbeat91 (edited 15 July 2003).]

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.198 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena