ban vita ban apimondia ban ickowicz ban apicoltura laterza ban lega ban thomas apiculture

Soyez constructifs et... courtois ! Par avance merci pour les apinautes qui dialoguent avec vous ou qui simplement vous lisent :-)

supers?

• TNbeekeeper
  • Autor del tema
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
27 Feb 2003 00:00 #20852 por TNbeekeeper
supers? Publicado por TNbeekeeper
Hello yall! I am new to beekeeping and Ive been wondering which style of super you prefer for cut comb honey. Should I use my shallow supers with thin foundation or go up to the medium super size. Should I use a queen excluder to keep her out of the supers? All info appreciated. Thanks a lot.....TN

Por favor, Identificarse o Crear cuenta para unirse a la conversación.

• deelusbybeekeeper
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
12 Mar 2003 00:00 #20853 por deelusbybeekeeper
Respuesta de deelusbybeekeeper sobre el tema supers?
You wrote:
I am new to beekeeping and Ive been wondering which style of super you prefer for cut comb honey. Should I use my shallow supers with thin foundation or go up to the medium super size. Should I use a queen excluder to keep her out of the supers? All info appreciated.
Reply:
Depends upon what you are doing for an end product.
1. Using Ross Rounds
2. Using square cut comb containers
3. Using a round or square comb cutter and then what size.
4. If using a cutter then are you packing in containers and just selling cut comb or. . .
5. Are you cutting the comb and putting in a jar and surrounding with liquid honey.
This would all have bearing upon what size frames you would be using.
So exactly what are you doing or intend to to?
Regards,
Dee A. Lusby

• heartbeat91
  • Invitado
  • Invitado
15 Jul 2003 00:00 #20854 por heartbeat91
Respuesta de heartbeat91 sobre el tema supers?
i prefer to use med. supers with a starter of thin foundation about an inch wide and all the way across the top. this gives a starting place. they will draw a lot of drone cells, but they will be cut out anyway. i leave about 1/4-1/2" at the top when i cut it out. i let them fill a super of drawn comb, then place the cut-comb super on top, before the drawn comb is capped. this is a "barrier" for the queen and she will not go into the cut-comb super.

Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.221 segundos
Gracias a Foro Kunena